Total Pageviews

Tuesday 21 August 2012

FuNkY Atomic Retro Typewriter For Sale!

Check it out! See the FuNkY Atomic Retro typewriter eBay listing here
One response from an eBayer already:
"Hi. I love this computer and hope it really is nuclear. My cat has cancer and needs this with his chemo. Will you accept offers?
"I am currently vacationing in Nepal. Can you arrange overland yak carriage? This is a pretty common service from freight forwarders in Brisbane.
"Does this run on Windows or Linux? Do you have the backup disc? - Coyotesareus1

My response:
"Hi Coyotesareus1. Yes, I will most certainly CONSIDER any offers. And yes, yak carriage is possible. With this typewriter, anything's possible, as they say in the classics. The backup disc has milk in it, sorry. Elbow grease is definitely required to operate. RM"

8 comments:

L Casey said...

It has been saved to my watch list. I cannot wait to see how this turns out. Thanks for the update and the link!

Scott K said...

ha ha ha ha.... NICE... NICE...

teeritz said...

Now that's gonna sell. Best of luck, Robert. I'm gonna watch this auction. The last thirty seconds will be nail-biting!

notagain said...

all right guys, 'fess up - which typospherian is Coyotesareus1?
I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Bill M said...

I'll be watching it.

Dwayne F. said...

I hereby disavow all knowledge of the mysterious, and perhaps malicious, entity known as "coyotesareus1". More than likely, the dread Svetlana Optima got hold of someone's ebay account. She has been known to collect radiological materials from unorthodox sources.

Kids: Always log out of ebay if you leave your computer!

(I wrote all that and only snickered once or twice.) *snicker* Make that three times.

& said...

I love that the box of typewriter cards earned a spot in the pic. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Whether intentional or not, this listing has the most natural and attractive staging I've ever seen. At least it doesn't leave you scratching your head like one listing I saw that had a typewriter posed with a... bowling pin?

I'm wondering if the original "funky atomic" seller gets those bids because he's advertising and driving traffic from some other forum(s) direct to his listings.

~CC